Preparing a presentation
The what, why and where of giving a presentation.
Preparing your presentation is straightforward if you've planned your talk well and have a logical well-developed outline and structure. Nowadays, PowerPoint dominates presentations. Remember it is only a small element of your presentation. The following tips should help you in your preparation
Prepare 3 documents for your presentation:
- Your notes which no else sees
- Handouts with more detailed information & references
- Visual aids (usually PowerPoint) that support your talk and help engage the audience.
- Make sure visual aids are clear, simple and uncluttered.
- If using slides, limit the text using as large a font as possible (30+).
- You can also use flipcharts, videos, displays, etc.
- Have back ups!
For a great range learning resources in a variety of formats, Click here to enrol the SLD Blackboard module.