If you've followed the previous steps on planning, preparing and practising, then on the day of the presentation you can focus on your delivery.
- If possible check out the room to ensure everything works and you have an idea of the layout.
- Make sure that you have a backup of your presentation by emailing it to yourself and having a copy on a memory stick
- Try not to "read" your talk. Use cue cards to prompt your memory.
- Use a conversational tone. Make sure you are speaking loud enough to be heard.
- Be aware of your body language i.e. maintain eye contact. Face the audience and try smiling occasionally!
- Try to be enthusiastic.
- Make sure to pause between points, indicating to the audience a change and helps to slow down your pace.
For a great range resources on giving presentations, in a variety of formats, Click here to enrol the SLD Blackboard module.