Support through collaboration, connection and compassion
To be an internationally accredited service, delivering accessible social, academic, mental health and emotional wellbeing services across the Trinity community, keeping students at the centre of everything we do.
SLD Core Principles
- We aspire to coach each student in achieving their goals to the best of their ability, regardless of previous attainment.
- We have a developmental and evidence based approach to learning which is informed by best practise.
- We use adaptable study practices, applicable in all disciplines. We recognise each student as an expert in their own field.
- We are not prescriptive. We aim to help students to find individual insights, processes and strategies, to encourage a self-regulated approach to learning.
- We do not proofread.
- We offer a safe, confidential space for students to develop their learning skills. We respect professional boundaries and refer appropriately where necessary.
- We work in partnership with students, student representatives, academic staff and student support services to provide a service that meets the learning development needs of a diverse student body.
- We support students to develop the Trinity graduate attributes, namely independent thinking, effective communication, responsible action and continuous development.
- We are committed to the professional development of our team and the provision of a high-quality service.