Below are some guidelines from AHEAD (http://www.ahead.ie) on accessible PowerPoint slides:
- Minimum font size of 18 (ideally 30)
- Easily read fonts (sans-serif) like Arial, Helvetica
- Limit the amount of onscreen information
- Avoid blocks of text
- Use ‘bold’ to highlight points rather than underlining
- Use both uppercase and lowercase letters (avoid ALL UPPERCASE)
- Keep backgrounds simple, avoid patterns
- Dark text on light background for bright rooms
- Light text on dark background for dark rooms.
- For more information on accessible information visit Trinity's Inclusive Curriculum site at https://www.tcd.ie/CAPSL/TIC/
- JISC TechDis have a comprehensive guide to accessible PowerPoint slides at https://toolkits.excellencegateway.org.uk/about-jisc-techdis-approach
For a great range resources on giving presentations, in a variety of formats, Click here to enrol the SLD Blackboard module.