14th Annual PG Skills Development Summer School 2020
17th & 18th June 2020
The 2020 PG Skills Summer School took place on 17th & 18th June 2020. For the first time this annual event ran ONLINE, with guest speakers from Trinity Careers, Postgraduate Advisory Service, Trinity Library, Student Counselling, Trinity Health Service and Tangent.
Feedback from the 2019 PG Summer School
“It helped to provide perspective and validate one’s own experience of being a PhD student in terms of approach, requirements and pitfalls and provided useful suggestions for organising and improving performance”.
"Very good ideas and hints on the thesis writing process, to help get started or get back on the way"
"Excellent session on Viva preparation"
Wednesday 18th June
- Managing Your Supervisor Relationship, Postgraduate Advisory Service
- Understanding Plagiarism and the Art of Referencing, Library
- Creative Thinking for Research, Tangent
- Thesis Writing Process, SLD and Thesis Writing Graph
- Part 1 - Approaches to Literature Review, SLD and Part 2 - Approaches to Literature Review, Library
- Wellbeing during the Postgraduate Experience, SCS
Thursday 19th June
- The Art and Craft of a Great CV/Cover Letter and Presenting Your Best Self at Interview, Trinity Careers Service
- Submitting Your E-Thesis, Library
- Effective Presentations & Online Etiquette, SLD
- EndNote for Desktop, Library
- Planning, Time Management & Overcoming Procrastination, SLD
- Publishing & Promoting Your Research, Library
- Viva & Oral Defence Preparation, SLD